Regional Coordinator & Leadership Coach: Great Lakes
- Work with students to resolve issues such as inappropriate or bad behavior, poor academic performance, non-compliance with program or host family rules, homesickness, etc.
- Coach students over the phone, via email, text, zoom, and/or in-person at a minimum of once every two weeks.
- Work closely with host family members, local coordinators, and school officials to collect accurate information and documentation.
- Offer advice and resolve issues while maintaining our organization’s policies.
- Exercise good judgment and confidentiality while using a cooperative approach to problem-solving.
- Answer calls from the Emergency Line outside of office hours on evenings and weekends. You are the first responder to the emergency phone line.
- Respond personally to information request forms completed by interested students, and continue to follow up on them via email and by phone.
- Discuss program details with potential participants and their family members to determine student eligibility.
- Interview students and home/host families to assess eligibility in the program based on maturity and expectations.
- Liaison between exchange schools and students to transmit all necessary documents and processes to prepare for students’ exchange.
- Build relationships with school officials – stay in constant communication with all schools we are working with.
- Be aware of each school’s requirements and policies regarding student credits, policies, and lunch programs.
- Run criminal background checks on everyone living in the home over the age of 18
- Facilitate student transportation to and from their host family
- Facilitate student orientation with their host family: address house rules, medical considerations, and food restrictions.
- student arrives.
- Respond to LCs/host families/schools regarding any problems, concerns, or needed documentation on students
- Talk to the host families, area LCs and students to get a complete perspective of the problems
Please provide answers to the questions below and upload your resume. If you are chosen to be a candidate for the position, someone from AYLX will reach out to schedule an interview.