Student & Host Family Eligibility
- Have a curiosity to explore and ask questions.
- Be 14-18 years old during their exchange.
- Semester Exchange: Be enrolled in high school (includes home school).
- Demonstrates a commitment to growth as a leader and as a person.
- Demonstrates a commitment to open communication with their host family, AYLX coach, and their exchange school.
- Demonstrates maturity and good character.
- Demonstrates an ability to meet cross-cultural challenges with humor and an open mind.
- Be a full-time resident of their home.
- Consent to criminal background checks on all adult members of the household.
- Able to provide their exchange student a safe and nurturing home environment.
- Demonstrates a commitment to fostering the growth of their exchange student as a leader and as a person.
- Demonstrates a commitment to open communication with their exchange student, their child’s host family, the AYLX regional coordinator, and their school.
- Demonstrate that they will care for, support, and protect their exchange student as if they were their own child.
- Demonstrates an ability to meet cross-cultural challenges with maturity, humor, and an open mind.
AYLX seeks students and host families of all racial, ethnic, religious, and socioeconomic backgrounds; sexual orientations; legal status; and welcomes applicants with disabilities. Applicants of all grade-point averages and academic performance are encouraged to apply.